Welcome to Duke GreenRide!
Carpooling just got easier with Duke GreenRide, a ride-matching program offered by Duke’s Parking & Transportation Services to Duke faculty, staff and students free of charge.
The service allows you to search for potential carpool partners at Duke who live near you and share similar schedules. By participating in a carpool or rideshare, you:
- Save money on fuel, parking and vehicle repairs.
- Reduce emissions and traffic congestion.
- Lower stress.
- Gain time for reading, relaxing and socializing.
Here’s how to register with Duke GreenRide:
1. Create an account or log in to an existing account on this page. It’s fast, friendly and offers anonymity until you decide to make your contacts formal. You can use your Duke e-mail address, or if you prefer more anonymity, register using a private e-mail service such as Yahoo or Hotmail.
2. After registering, enter your home and work addresses, work schedule and preferences such as non-smoking.
- If there is a match, you will receive a list of potential commuters registered with Duke GreenRide.
- If you don’t find a carpooling buddy immediately, don’t give up. More commuters are joining the Duke GreenRide program every day. You will receive e-mail updates about potential matches as others enroll.
And don’t forget to register with Triangle Transit’s Emergency Ride Home Program.
- The Emergency Ride Home (ERH) program provides registered Duke employees (commuters who regularly ride the bus, vanpool, carpool, bike, or walk) with a reliable, emergency ride home on the day the person has used an alternative mode of transportation to get to work.